We are Committed To Your Health and Safety
We have always been very careful making infection control and patient safety a top priority for you, our patients, and our dental care team. To further protect you and your family, we have put into place new Coronavirus (COVID-19) protocol and infection control measures recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We do this to provide a safe and secure environment and experience for you and your family members.
- Fill out paperwork online-Trying to minimize shared items we would like to do as much digitally as possible.
- COVID-19 Consent Form
- Medical History update
- Patient Registration
- Financial and Appointment Policy
- HIPAA Acknowledgment
Changes You’ll Notice on Your Next Visit
When you come in for your next visit, your dental experience will include new health safeguard measures. Some of these changes include:
- Masks-Wearing a mask in the office both patients and staff.
- Health Screening-We will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some health screening questions related to COVID-19. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you come in for your appointment to assure there have been no changes in your health.
- COVID-19 Consent Form
- Call the Office– When you arrive for your appointment, please call the office at 317-336-8478 to let us know you are here. We will then confirm that you can come on in or, we may ask that you wait for a few minutes to assure social distancing and to allow us to thoroughly sanitize the treatment room to protect you.
- Taking Temperatures-We will be taking temperatures on all of our patients and any guardian that is accompanying them.
- Hand Sanitize-We have hand sanitizer in our office and we will ask you to use it when you come in for your appointment and when you leave. You will also find sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Pre-Procedural Rinse-1% hydrogen peroxide rinse for 1 minute and then it is suctioned out.
- In our reception room you will no longer find magazines, children’s toys, or games since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be scheduled and managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Except in the case of an appointment for your small children or others with specific caregiver requirements, we ask that no one else accompany you into the treatment area of our office.
- Please do not bring others with you to your appointment if at all possible.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Additional Safety Measures
As all of us have experienced lately, changes of any kind to our routines or our expectations can be uncomfortable. This is why we want to share some of the changes you will experience when you come in for your next appointment. Please know that our hope is to make your visits comfortable, that you feel the concern we have for your health and well-being, and that you feel safe and confident.
We will also be screening our team daily to ensure that all of our team members are healthy at the office. We have invested heavily in equipment. First, we have suction units called DryShield that limits aerosols at the source. In addition, they will help rest your mouth while being treated and will help shield your tongue and cheek. Second, we have Healthy Air extra-oral evacuation systems that use five filtration methods to remove airborne aerosols improving the air quality in the immediate vicinity of interaction between individuals. Finally, we have Surgically Clean Air HEPA filter machines that kill and remove 99.9% of contaminants such as viruses, bacteria, and odors in the air. The machines are designed for SARS and turn over the air in the room every six minutes.
If you have any questions at all, please just call us at 317-336-8478 and we’ll answer or explain anything that may concern you.
If you have any questions when you are in our office, please ask us! We love helping all our patients understand their dental health, and how we work to provide you with the best care and the safest environment possible with this COVID-19 protocol.
Thank you for trusting us with your dental health. Please know how much we value you and your children as patients. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Dr. Kelli Dewell and the Dental Oasis Team
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (317) 336-8478 (317-DENTIST) to set up your appointment with us!CLICK HERE